ICAO: Performance-Based Navigation for Pilots (PBNP EN): Online
PBN represents a shift from sensor-based to performance-based navigation. PBN routes and procedures are designed to meet a navigation specification which is defined in terms of accuracy, integrity, continuity and functionality for the proposed operations in the context of a particular airspace. PBN is increasingly becoming the normal method of navigation and all pilots need to understand the basic concepts and operational requirements.
Goal: This course provides pilots an overview of the Performance-Based Navigation (PBN) concept, its principles and procedures for PBN operations.
The following online modules cover:
- Goal and objectives.
- PBN Concepts: Development of PBN. PBN Concept in detail. PBN Error Model.
- PBN Operational Aspects: Planning and Pre-flight Operating in PBN airspace. SID/STAR procedures. Approach Procedures. Charts.
- Issues: Flight Plan. RNAV Visual. GLS Approaches. Charting. Charting US-Canada.
- Helicopters: RNP 0.3 Specification. Operating Procedures. Point in Space Approaches. PinS -Proceed Visual. PinS – Proceed VFR. Point in Space Departures. Visual Segment.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain the PBN concept;
- Provide information essential to pilots on how to operate on PBN routes and procedures
- Commercial; and
- General Aviation Pilots
Duration: 5 Hours
Delivery Mode: Online
Language of Instruction: English
THB 7,000 / USD 200