ICAO: Performance-Based Navigation for Air Traffic Controllers (PBN ATC EN): Online
The course provides fundamental and most critical information necessary for Air Traffic Controllers to facilitate their understanding with respect to PBN.
The following five online modules cover:
- Introduction. Goals and objectives. PBN Documentation.
- Module 1: PBN. Airspace Concept. PBN Applications. PBN Navigation Specifications. Designation of RNP Applications. Sensors used for Area Navigations. Augmentation Systems.
- Module 2: Airspace Concept Process: objectives; scope; what needs to change; Concept process-design. Airspace Core Team. ICAO Manuals.
- Module 3: PBN and Flight Plan. PBN Requirements. Charting and Design Practice. Definition of Waypoint. Impact of Turn Performance. Fix Radius Paths. Type of PBN Procedure: Enroute, Terminal. Open and Closed STARs. PBN Instrument Approach NAV SPECS. RNP APCH. ADVANCED RNP. Forthcoming Changes to PBN Instrument Approach. GLS Approaches.
- Module 4: ATCO Training. ATC Procedures. ATC System Integration. PBN and Separation Standards. Continuous Descent and Climb. CDO. CDO Design Options. Closed Path Design. Open Pathed Design. CDO and CCO Design Options.
- Module 5: ICAO Definition of PBN. Benefits. Airspace Design. PBN Navigation Specification. Airspace Concept Process. Type of PBN Procedure – Terminal. ATC System Integrate.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Examine Fundamental concepts of PBN;
- Define Airspace Concept and its components;
- Identify the role of ATC in the development of Airspace Concept;
- Use of PBN in ATS routes and instrument flight procedures.
Air navigation service providers; air traffic service providers and individual Air Traffic Controllers with guidance from the International Federation of Air Traffic Controllers Associations
Duration: 5 Hours
Delivery Mode: Online
Language of Instruction: English
THB 7,000 / USD 200