ICAO: Performance-Based Navigation Airspace Design (PBN AD EN): Online
The PBN concept represents a shift from sensor-based to performance-based navigation. PBN routes and procedures are designed to meet a navigation specification which is defined in terms of accuracy, integrity, availability, continuity and functionality for the proposed operations in the context of a particular airspace.
Personnel involved in airspace design need to understand the PBN concept and how it can be used to improve an existing airspace structure.
The goal of this course is to explain participants the application of PBN in the design of airspace.
The following four online modules cover:
- Performance Based Navigation. PBN evolution. PBN advantages.
- Components of the PBN Concept. Stakeholders points of interest. NavAid infrastructure. GNSS vs GPS. Navigation Specification. RNAV and RNP. ICAO Navigation Specifications. PBN Implementations. PBN Requirements.
- Airspace Concept. Why develop Airspace Concept? Who develops Airspace Concept? Operational Approval. Airspace Concept Activity Overview. Airspace Concept Summary.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the PBN Concept;
- Define how the PBN Concept can improve airspace efficiency and capacity;
- Characterize who needs to be involved with the airspace design; and
- Conduct actual design of an existing airspace using PBN concept.
- ATS providers and regulators;
- ATS managers;
- Airline flight planning personnel from operational control centres;
- Supervisors, safety managers, airspace planners, trainers; and
- Inspectors who are involved in ATS airspace design and procedures both civil and military.
Duration: 5 Hours
Delivery Mode: Online
Language of Instruction: English
THB 7,000 / USD 200